Reads Property Services are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it. We have published this notice to help you understand
• how and why Reads Property Services collect information from you;
• who we share your information with, why and on what basis;and
• what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Reads Property Srevices will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means Reads Property Services determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Protection Officer Reads Property Sevices 1A Spencer Street, Grimsby, DN31 3AA
This privacy notice was last updated on 11 May 2018.
What information we collect
When you agree for us to provide a quote from us, you are entering into a contract with us. You will set up a Customer Account, so we can set this up we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
• full name
• contact numbers, and
• email address.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
• Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send any promotional documentations and for invoicing reporting .
• Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Who we share your information with and why
Reads Property Services work with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us. Such as Designers for improvements, Delivery companies
Reads Property Services works with business who support our website and other business systems.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website.
Reads Property Services will not share your information with companies outside of Reads Property Services for their marketing purposes.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above. The only exceptions to this are where:
• the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
• you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
• we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
• in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
You are entitled to request the following from,Reads Property Services these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
• Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
• Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
• Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact Call Centre 0333 777 8000
• Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
• Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
• Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
• Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact Reads247@hotmail.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
• They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
• To personalise and improve your customer experience.
• To allow you to securely sign in to your Next Directory Account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as order information, making payments and viewing statements.
• To recognise the device that you are using.
• To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
• To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Next uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
• To distribute visitors to our Site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
• For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Protection Officer Reads Property Services 1a Spencer Street Grimsby DN31 3AA or Reads247@hotmail.com